The husband of President Donald Trump's Secretary of Labor will not face federal charges for the allegations against him of sexual assault.
"Scoop: Feds won't charge Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer's husband after a DC police probe was launched into alleged sex assaults of female staffers — one of which was captured on a department security camera," reported Josh Christienson of the New York Post. "A spokesperson for DC US Attorney Jeanine Pirro tells The Post, 'Based upon the evidence presented to this office in relation to the video, there is no indication of a crime.'"
"The Federal Protective Service, a subagency of the Department of Homeland Security that investigates crimes in government buildings, also declined to pursue the allegations last month, sources said," Christienson noted.
In at least one of the incidents, Dr. Shawn DeRemer was accused giving what the Post described as a "prolongued hug" to a woman in December, which was recorded by an office security camera.
Under Trump, the D.C. U.S. Attorney's Office similarly refused to pursue allegations last year against Rep. Cory Mills (R-FL), who was accused of domestic violence.
This comes after previous reporting that Dr. Shawn DeRemer was prohibited from entering the agency headquarters over the complaints from female staffers.
It also comes as Chavez-DeRemer, a former Oregon congresswoman nominated as part of a deal with Teamsters President Sean O'Brien, is facing her own allegations of impropriety, including that she had romantic liaisons with a subordinate, that she drinks heavily while in the office, and that she has fabricated fake official trips that allow her to visit family and friends at taxpayer expense.
The cancellation comes amid President Donald Trump's Operation Metro Surge, which deployed roughly 3,000 federal immigration agents to Minneapolis beginning in December. The enforcement push turned deadly, with agents killing two protesters in separate incidents last month.
Though White House border czar Tom Homan announced the surge's end last week, Minneapolis city leaders reported a more than $200 million financial impact.
The four-time German champions have cultivated a progressive image, famously abandoning X for Bluesky in 2024 over "hate speech, hatred towards minorities, right-wing extremist posts and conspiracy theories."
"We as a club, we have clear values," Pieper emphasized Friday. "Our club stands for an open, pluralistic and united society. We are committed to ensuring that all people — regardless of their origin, skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability — are naturally included and have a firm place in our community."
The snub comes after FIFA President Gianni Infantino presented Trump a Peace Prize and pledged support for his Board of Peace initiative.
CONTINUE READINGShow less
“I think it's very disturbing and unfair,” Goodman said. “It's disturbing in the sense that he's calling them unpatriotic and disloyal. And that is a signal to people in this country in which we're sitting in a political environment in which there are death threats against the justices and the judges across the country.”
Goodman emphasized that while the Supreme Court justices themselves are unlikely to be intimidated, Trump’s language could still have consequences for the court system.
“I don't think these justices will cower,” he said. “But it also might mean that it's sending a signal to lower court judges.”
Goodman, in his appearance on Friday, also rejected Trump’s claim that the ruling was partisan or illegitimate, noting that the decision matched what most legal experts expected.
“And the reason I say it's unfair,” Goodman explained, “this is a six-member majority, and the judges below in the lower courts are almost uniformly the same way as the outcome today.”
He said only one lower-court judge dissented and added that “most lawyers and the conservative legal community saw that the outcome was writing on the wall, that this is how they would decide this opinion, because the law really did not give him the basis for these tariffs.”
CONTINUE READINGShow less
"What happened today with the two United States Supreme Court Justices that I appointed against great opposition, Neil Gorsuch and Amy Coney Barrett, whether people like it or not, never seems to happen with Democrats. They vote against the Republicans, and never against themselves, almost every single time, no matter how good a case we have," Trump raged.
The president's frustration extended to his criticism of Chief Justice John Roberts.
"At least I didn't appoint Roberts, who led the effort to allow Foreign Countries that have been ripping us off for years to continue to do so," Trump wrote.
Pivoting to his economic agenda, Trump signaled aggressive action ahead, vowing to bypass the major setback.
"But we won’t let it happen. The new TARIFFS, totally tested and accepted as Law, are on their way!"
Trump uncorked multiple attacks on the high court Friday, saying the justices ought to be "ashamed" of themselves and even suggesting the court could be under foreign influence.
CONTINUE READINGShow less
Disclaimer: The articles reposted on this site are sourced from public platforms and are provided for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of MEXC. All rights remain with the original authors. If you believe any content infringes on third-party rights, please contact service@support.mexc.com for removal. MEXC makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content and is not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided. The content does not constitute financial, legal, or other professional advice, nor should it be considered a recommendation or endorsement by MEXC.